If you’re consider data virtualization technology to simplify and unify your data under a single source, there are several things you should consider first.
To be an agile and resilient enterprise today, you need thoughtful planning, coordination, and balance in order to gain insight and make decisions quickly. And to move fast, you need fast and easy access to your business critical data.
Here are 6 questions you should answer to see if your enterprise is ready for data virtualization technology:
- Is your business critical data available immediately when and where you need it?
- If you have delays in data access, does it negatively affect your sales, testing and development, reporting, and other functionality?
- How many copies are made of your application database when you need it for development, testing, or quality assurance?
- What are the biggest bottlenecks in your provisioning process?
- How much time could be saved if end users could provision copies themselves?
- What is it worth if you could reduce your development cycles by 25% or more?
And finally, the biggest question is:
Do you face significant challenges in the timely and agile use of your business critical data for application development, business intelligence, cloud deployment, or business unit demands?
If you answered yes to this question, you may want to consider data virtualization technology. Here’s why:
- Data virtualization leads to faster application development, rapid testing and quality assurance, and instantaneous data access anywhere.
- You save significant time and money in reduced infrastructure costs and staffing needs.
- You significantly improve your quality of service by offering speed and consistency, simplification of operations, and better use of key data.
- When your quality of service improves, your customer satisfaction does as well.
To give you an idea of the impressive results of data virtualization and how it can radically change your data management operations for the better, TBConsulting put together an e-Book entitled Using Data Virtualization to Drive Business Agility & Resiliency.
To get a copy of this resource and its in-depth insights, download your copy for free.